ACOUSTIC SCIENCE PREMIUM TREATED GUITAR STRINGS have a nano-thin molecular layer applied to the strings. They are treated strings, not coated and that is important. This thin layer offers protection from the elements in the playing environment. And also, keeps away material (skin, debris, foreign material) that attaches to the string and makes regular strings go dead after playing a few times. In the case of “coated strings” the coating itself can cause damped sound and loss of vibration. The treatment we use to apply our patented process can best be described as “spray painting with atoms” Funny… but true. Many artists tell us “It is like Acoustic Science strings glow” when playing. That is because when wound strings are strummed to create sound, the windings and the rest of the string are in harmonic vibration. Any part of the string that is in contact with an adjacent surface (like the windings, for instance) are rubbing, in frictional contact. In a standard string it is metal against metal. That is why regular strings take some time to break in, and also why repeat tuning is needed, until the rubbing friction breaks in a bit, and the “sweet spot” is reached. What happens with Acoustic Science Guitar Strings is different from all other strings. The surface treatment has also treated down inside the surfaces in contact, i.e between the windings, on a microscopic scale, with molecules of a Teflon-like substance. The string is pre-conditioned, with less rubbing friction to slow down the playing action, even right out of the pack. Also, the surface treatment is microscopic, which means it does its job to improve surface properties, BUT, it does not dull the sound, by damping or reducing the volume and brilliance. AS Strings sound great, right away, and keep sounding that way for a long, long time. Compared to standard strings, or coated strings. End of story.
- Ionic Vapor Process Treated Guitar Strings Maximize Playability and String Life According to Our Customers
- The only treated string brand that protects the entire string with Nano Technology, which keeps the tone of the string longer by keeping buildup out of the windings
- These treated guitar strings reduce finger squeak which is essential for playing live and recording
- Players like this 80% Copper, 20% Zinc string due to its brilliant “true brass” tone out of the box.
- Compare to Coated and Non Coated Guitar Strings and experience the difference for yourself